It’s Prime Day, Amazon’s annual mega-sale aimed at Amazon Prime members. If you’re not yet an Amazon Prime member, Amazon is working really, really hard to get you on board. Amazon Prime members are eligible for big savings today, and some of the best Prime Day deals are aimed at cord cutters. Amazon Prime includes access to Amazon’s extensive streaming library in addition to shopping-related perks like free two-day shipping, so cord cutters will find a lot of reasons to invest in a Prime subscription. Here are the best Prime Day deals for cord cutters:
- You’ll have to have an Amazon Prime account to access any of these deals. If you’re not yet a member, start with Amazon Prime’s free trial.
- Get 30% off the Amazon Echo Dot. While you’re at it, you can check out my complete user’s guide to the Amazon Echo Dot.
- The full-sized Echo is even more discounted: 50% off!
- $20 off Nvidia Shield (16GB) or Nvidia Shield Pro (500GB).
- There are tons of antennas on sale, including the Mohu Leaf (only $5 off, but on a great antenna) and several options from 1ByOne (here’s a great deal that’s live now, and here’s one starting at 11:55 AM Eastern).
- This wall-mounting system for Roku will be on sale starting at 11:40 AM Eastern.
- A ton of movies (digital copies) are on sale for less than $10.
- If you want to trade in your TV for a projector, today is a good day to do so: this capable little DBPower device is $99.99 ($70 off). Update: A lightning deal brought this down to $77.59 until 5PM but the deal is quickly being claimed, so you’ll have to act fast!
There’s no sign of any big deals on Fire TV devices, unfortunately, but we’ll keep our eyes open for you.
Please like us on Facebook to keep up to date on what's new in the world of cord cutting: