CES is well underway, and there have been a few interesting announcements on the cord cutting front. Read about those below, where you’ll also find other news, tips, and more from Cordcutting.com and around the cord cutting web. It’s our Friday Round-Up, here to welcome another weekend. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, and then read on!
- Following last week’s Roku announcement of audio connected home features, TCL has announced a new line of sound bars compatible with Roku Connect.
- A Democratic resolution to overturn the FCC’s net neutrality is little more than a political stunt, given the Republican majorities in both houses and the president’s veto power — but it’s an effective one that has already prompted one Republican Senator to break with her party on the issue.
- Yahoo Sports will stream the remaining NFL playoff games — and the Super Bowl — for free on their mobile app. Of course, all of these games will be on major networks, so they’re already available via free over-the-air TV in most areas.
- Speaking of the NFL, Thursday Night Football streaming rose 17% this year. Amazon was this year’s TNF partner; last year, the games were on Twitter.
- Cordkillers 202 is here.
- It’s awards season again! So far, the season has been kind to Amazon and HBO.
- Here’s how to watch free movies on Roku.
- Hulu has hit 17 million subscribers.
- Nets fans, here’s how to watch YES without cable. Yankees fans, I guess you can read that, too.