Independence Day is this Wednesday. Are you living independently of cable and satellite?
Okay, okay, that was lame. But if you’ve cut the cord – or are planning to do so soon – be sure to check out all the big news, tips, how-tos, and more that we’ve seen here on Cordcutting.com and around the cord cutting web this week. Everything you need to know is below in this week’s Friday Round-Up. You should like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter while you’re at it, too!
- The World Cup continues this weekend, so brush up on your best techniques for watching the World Cup without cable.
- Enjoy this week’s Cordkillers 225.
- Learn how to watch premium channels Cinemax and Epix without cable.
- Sling TV made a major announcement this week, unveiling new free on-demand content and new a la carte pricing for certain channels with no base package required. The announcement comes hot on the heels of reports that Roku will unveil a subscription marketplace of its own.
- The Department of Justice has approved Disney’s acquisition of 21 Century Fox, as expected. The deal was first announced in December but was briefly put at risk when Comcast put in a competing bid for Fox, which Disney then topped.
- July is just around the corner. Here’s what’s changing on Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Hulu, Starz, Tubi TV, and Crackle.
- Not sure which skinny bundle is right for you? Maybe our comprehensive live TV streaming services channel comparison will help.