It was a wild week for corporate acquisitions, my friends, and you can catch up on all of the thrilling dollars-and-cents action right here in our Friday Round-Up. You’ll also find how-tos, explainers, and more. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, too, okay?
- Comcast made a bid for 21st Century Fox in an attempt to break up Disney’s deal to buy the same. But Disney simply raised its bid and moved forward with the sale.
- Roku is reportedly working on a subscription streaming marketplace to rival Amazon Channels.
- Watch Cordkillers 224.
- Here’s how to get local channels on Fire TV devices.
- AT&T has debuted WatchTV, a lean skinny bundle without sports and local channels. More like Philo than the company’s existing skinny bundle offering, DirecTV Now, the service is available to AT&T mobile customers and will eventually get a broader rollout.
- Here’s how to watch NHL Network without cable.
- July is almost here. Check out what’s changing on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and Starz.