Happy Friday, cord cutters! Here are all the big cord cutting stories that you might have missed this week. For the latest and greatest cord cutting news, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Amazon Prime Instant Video may be the only streaming offering off-line playback right now, but Netflix says that’s not what its customers really want anyway.
- The forthcoming Verizon OTT service Go90 is expected to include NFL games.
- The Disney Anywhere app is coming to Amazon, and Disney is celebrating by giving away a free copy of Monsters, Inc. to anyone who links their accounts.
- Apple announced their new Apple TV at their September 9 live event.
- Next up for Netflix: South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore.
- Amazon is reportedly at work on a new cheaper version of the Fire Tablet. It’s expected to cost just $50.
- This FCC filing could be your next-generation Fire TV.
- CNN will stream the next Republican debate for free.