Cord Cutting Guides, News, and Reviews
Is the DISH Anywhere streaming service the right fit for you, or should you check into some other options? Take a look at what our experts have to say about DISH Network's streaming service.
DISH offers a live streaming service called DISH Anywhere that allows you to stream live sports, news, and your whole DVR collection if you want. You get the exact same TV programming you have at home anytime, anywhere, on any device. DISH was one of the first satellite TV services to hit the market many years ago. And DISH has done a great job of evolving and leading the industry with innovative ways to deliver an exceptional digital programming experience. However, with DISH, you have to subscribe to the DISH satellite service before you can sign up for DISH Anywhere. So, is the DISH service right for you? Let's take a look at some of the DISH alternatives to help you decide.
FuboTV is a popular streaming service that was designed for the sports crowd. However, fuboTV also has other popular programming as well. In fact, it also offers family entertainment, news, and more in addition to its live sports options. Additionally, fuboTV offers a 7-day free trial period. DISH does not offer a free trial. However, with fuboTV, you don't have to sign a contract. But with DISH, since DISH's streaming service requires you to be a DISH subscriber, you will be required to sign a 2-year contract.
With fuboTV, you can stream up to three devices at once. However, to stream the third device simultaneously, you have to pay extra for its Family Share add-on, which is $5.99 a month to get one extra stream. However, DISH allows you to stream up to five devices at once. Additionally, both DISH and fuboTV offer live TV streaming and mobile playback. However, with fuboTV, you won't get any original content programming. And with DISH, technically, you don't get original programming either other than what you get on the DISH Network channels that have their own originals.
The cost of fuboTV plans ranges from $19.99 a month for the Latino Quarterly, then $54.99 to $74.99 a month for its other plans. The DISH satellite TV packages range from $59.99 a month to $89.99 a month and the DISH Anywhere streaming services are included in those prices. So the cost of both streaming services is pretty close in price.
A Great Alternative to Dish
Sling TV is actually owned by the DISH network; however, it's a completely separate service. Sling TV offers a 7-day free trial, but DISH does not.
With Sling TV you can stream content on up to four devices at the same time, but the number of streams will depend on which plan you have. Alternatively, the DISH streaming service allows you to stream up to five devices simultaneously, which is more than most other streaming services. Additionally, both Sling TV and DISH offer mobile playback and live TV streaming. However, only Sling TV offers original content programming, other than the channels on DISH that have their own originals.
Sling TV is an extremely affordable streaming service with plans that range between $15 and $25 per month. DISH, on the other hand, is a satellite service that offers a streaming option as part of their satellite service, so it costs a bit more. The DISH plans are between $59.99 per month and $89.99 per month and require you to sign a 2-year contract. Sling TV does not have any contract requirements.
ESPN+ is actually owned by Disney, or at least 80% of it is. The other 20% is owned by Hearst Corp. And if you are a sports fan, then opting for an ESPN+ subscription might just make your quality of life all that much better. ESPN+ offers a 7-day free trial, which is a bit shorter than what they used to offer. However, DISH doesn't offer a free trial at all. And, DISH also requires you to sign a 2-year contract. The good news is that ESPN+ doesn't require you to sign a contract at all. Additionally, Disney will soon be releasing a triple bundle that will include ESPN+, Hulu, and Disney Plus all for one low monthly price of $12.99!
With ESPN+ you can stream up to three devices at one time. And with DISH, you can stream up to five. Additionally, both ESPN+ and DISH offer live TV streaming and mobile playback. However, only ESPN+ offers original content programming, with one exception. Many of the channels on the DISH network have their own original programming.
ESPN+ is $4.99/mo. or $49.99/yr. And, DISH has four plans that range from $59.99/mo. to $89.99/mo. And, you have to have the DISH service before you can access the DISH Anywhere streaming service because it's included as part of each plan. Therefore, the cost of ESPN+ is less expensive than DISH; however, it only has sports programming and nothing else.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.